Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) that has exceeded all the CDC guidelines; however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety. You will see many changes, as we have new ways of scheduling and managing your appointments.
First, you will be contacted prior to your appointment and asked a set of health-related questions to enhance your safety during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
1. Personalized arrival procedures to guide you directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces, with immediate taking of infrared temperature and hand washing procedures
2. Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the office.
3. Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind.
4. We require a mask to be worn by ALL patients upon entering the office as well as disposal of contaminated gloves.
5. Installed sneeze guards at all reception areas.
6. Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
7. Introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
8. Require all team members to undergo periodic testing for COVID-19 and antibodies for the earliest detection of exposure should it exist.
9. Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
10. Record the temperature of every team member each day.
11. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
12. Ambient air management with HEPA 13 air filtration continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
13. Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures with fogging devices.
14. New personal protection equipment like disposable hats, gowns, and masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
15. Enhanced nightly disinfection procedures of equipment and office fixtures like computers, keyboards, telephones, tablets, chairs, doorknobs, and buttons that may be touched unconsciously.
16. Disinfection of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
17. Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.